Overview | Example |
To find out the queue issues or view the errors related to MS Project Server 2007, you can use your server's Unified Logging Service (ULS) logs. The information related to Queue is essentially useful in conjunction with the information in the Manage Queue page in Project Web Access, or with Windows Server Event viewer.
By default ULS logs are located at \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web server extensions\12\LOGS
Log files will be named in the following format: servername-year/month/day-time.log
By default, every 30 minutes new log file will be created on the server.
A log file created on Jan 2, 2009 at 1:20PM on a server named "OFFICE2007" would be named OFFICE2007-20090102-1320.log
A log file created on Jan 2, 2009 at 1:50PM on a server names "OFFICE2007" would be names
Optionally you can set the log file location and you can control the frequency of log file creation.
How to configue ULS log file settings on server:
- Log on to Windows Server that runs your Project Server 2007
- On the Windows start menu -> click Microsoft Office Server -> All Programs menu -> SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration -> Click Operations
- In the Logging and Reporting section -> Diagnostic logging -> Trace Log -> Path
(Verify the location is specified is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server extensions \12\LOGS. To change the location, type a new location in the Path field.)
- In the Number of log files field, specify the maximum number of log files that are saved to each server in the farm. The default value is 96
- In the Number of minutes to use a log file field, enter the duration (in minutes) you want for each log file. The default value is 30
- Click OK
Please read the example
View the ULS log file entries using Microsoft Excel for detailed explanation.