| Step 1 |
| Step 2 |
| Step 3 |
Step 4 |
| Step 5 |
| Step 6 |
| Step 7 |
| Step 8 |
| Step 9 |
Step 4: Installation - SharePoint Server 2013
Project Server 2013 requires SharePoint Server 2013. Before you can install and configure Project Server 2013, you must install SharePoint Server 2013 and create a server farm. This section describes the sequence of steps required for installation of SharePoint Server 2013.
Installation - SharePoint Server 2013:
- Insert the SharePoint 2013 installation media, system will display the SharePoint Server 2013 installation screen; Click Install software prerequisites; the following screen lists the prerequisite software to install. Click Next button to install the listed products
- Click Finish button to close the prerequisites installation. If the system prompts for restart the machine, click on "Finish" to restart the machine
- On the SharePoint 2013 Startup page, click Install SharePoint Server
- SharePoint 2013 installation prompts for product key
- Enter your product key and click Continue;
Make selection on check box indicating I accept the terms of this agreement on License Terms page
- The system displays the Choose the installation you want page and you will see the following options:
Standalone: Standalone option will install the SharePoint 2013 with SQL Server 2008 R2 Express edition. This option also does not support use of Analysis Services for cubes and reporting.
Server Farm: Server Farm option will support all the server features of SharePoint 2013 and Project Server 2013. You can install Server Farm on single or multiple servers.
Click on Server Farm to continue the Farm Installation
- On the Server Type page, select the Complete option. You can optionally change the default folder location by clicking File location tab
Click the Install Now button to proceed for installation
- System would take several minutes to complete installation and prompt for configuration wizard
If you are planning to install Project Server 2013 along with SharePoint 2013, you can uncheck the Run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard now and click the Close button to continue the Project Server 2013 installation.
If you are installing SharePoint 2013 Server only, make sure checkbox against “Run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard now” selected. Click the Close button to launch the SharePoint Configuration Wizard.
Proceed to Step 5 for further installation process.