| Step 1 |
Step 2 |
| Step 3 |
| Step 4 |
| Step 5 |
| Step 6 |
| Step 7 |
| Step 8 |
| Step 9 |
Step 2: SQL Server Installation
SharePoint Server 2013/MS Project Server 2013 required the one of the following SQL Server versions.
- SQL Server 2012 (64-bit)
- SQL Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) (64-bit)
Installation of SQL Server 2012:
- Please make sure, your database server machine in NTFS file format
- Install .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 on Database Server machine.
- Insert the SQL Server installation media and click setup.exe
- If installation prompt for Install Prerequisites, click OK to install
- When the prerequisites are installed, the installation wizard launches the SQL Server Installation Center. Click on Installation link in the left side of the screen
Click on New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation link
- The system checker runs a discovery operation on your computer by running the setup rules.
The Next button is available only if all check results are successful.
Specify the edition of SQL Server and click on Next
- Select the check box to accept the license and terms and click on Next
- Click on Install button to proceed
- Setup Role page will displayed, choose the installation option and click on Next
- On the Feature Selection page, select the features for your installation and click Next
- Setup runs the second set of rules based on features has been selected in previous step; click Next
- Instance Configuration page, select Default instance or Named instance for your installation and optionally select the Instance root directory where you want to install the features you have chosen; Click on Next
to continue the installation
- Click on Next after reviewing the Disk Space Requirements
- In Server Configuration page, you have to specify the service accounts.
You can assign the same login account to all SQL Server services, or you can configure each service account individually. Microsoft recommends you to specify an individual account for each service.
When you are finished specifying login information for SQL Server Services, click Next
- Use the Server Configuration
Collation tab to specify non default collations for the Database engine and Analysis Services
Database Engine: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
Analysis Services: Latin1_General_CI_AS
- Database Engine Configuration
Account provisioning tab to specify security mode. Also specify the password for system administrator sa account.
You must specify at least one system administrator for the instance of SQL Server. To add the account under which SQL Server setup is running, click Add Current User button.
Click Next to continue
Analysis Services Configuration - Account Provisioning tab is to specify the users or accounts that will have administrator access for Analysis Services. To add the account under which SQL Server setup is running, click Add Current User.
Click Next to Continue
- Report Services Configuration - If you selected Reporting Services as a feature to install, the Reporting Services Configuration page is displayed.
Choose the Install and configure under Reporting Services Native Mode option
Choose Install Only under Reporting Services SharePoint Integrated Mode, if you want to configure SharePoint/Project Server with Reporting Services. This step is optional.
and click Next to continue
- Click on Next on Error Reporting page to continue
- Setup runs the Installation Configuration Rules. Click on Next to continue
- On the Ready to install page, review the installation options and click Install
- After installation, the complete page provides a link to the summary log file for the installation and other important notes. To complete the SQL Server installation process, click Close
Proceed to Step 3 for further installation process.