Step 1 |
| Step 2 |
| Step 3 |
| Step 4 |
| Step 5 |
| Step 6 |
| Step 7 |
| Step 8 |
| Step 9 |
Step 1: Prepare machines and obtain installation logins
If you would like to install Project Server 2013 in two server architecture, you need one machine for Application/Web Server and other machine will be dedicated for Database Server.
If you would like to install Project Server 2013 on single machine, one machine itself acts as Application/Web Server and Database Server.
Please read the section Hardware and Software Requirements for Project Server 2013 to choose the proper hardware and software for installation.
If you are installing just SharePoint Server 2013 without Project Server 2013, Please read the section Hardware and Software Requirements for SharePoint Server 2013 to choose the proper hardware and software for installation.
Once you identify the hardware configuration, please perform the below steps on each machine.
Install one of the operationg system from below:
Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition(64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 Datacenter Edition(64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Standard Edition (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Enterprise Edition (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Datacenter Edition (64-bit)
Note: Server Core installations of Windows Server 2008 R2 are not supported.
- Configure Networking Settings to connect to internet (Recommended; SharePoint 2013 Server installation process requires an Internet connection to download and configure SharePoint 2013 prerequisites on server. If you do not have internet connection on your server machine, map the network drive to access the prerequisities of installation files.)
- Activate Windows Operating System
- Download and Install Windows Updates (Service Pack /Required Updates)
- Enable Application Server & Web Server Roles (This step is optional; Roles will be automatically configured during installation process)
- Install Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.5
Obtain Installation Logins:
Project Server 2013 installation required domain accounts. So, please obtain the domain account name and password for installation of Project Server 2013 Preview.
Please refer to the document on Microsoft site for required Service accounts for Project Server 2013 installation.
EXAMPLE: The following example describes the domain account details needed for installation.
Choose Domain name for Servers and Domain account for Installation:
Verify domain account access on both the servers:
- Determine the domain you will use to install and access Project Server (Example: CORP)
- Obtain domain account (Example: Corp\administrator). This account will be used for installation
Obtain additional domain accounts (Example: corp\sqladmin; corp\farmadmin). These accounts will be used for running SQL Services and SharePoint/Project Server services.
- Add Database server and Application Server to domain (Example: Add machines to CORP domain)
- Add domain account CORP\administrator to administrator group on database server
- Add domain account CORP\administrator to administrator group on application server
- Logon to Database server by providing the domain account and password (Example: CORP\administrator)
- Logon to Application server by providing the domain account and password (Example: CORP\administrator)
If you able to logon to both the servers, you are ready to proceed for installation. Please use this domain account for entire installation process.
Proceed to Step 2 for further installation process.