| Download SP1 |
| Deploy SP1 |
| Verify SP1 |
The Microsoft Project Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) package contains updates that are specific to Project Server 2010 and also SP1 updates for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 (which is an installation requirement for Project Server 2010).
In other words, it is not required to install SharePoint 2010 SP1 separately on your server. The Project Server 2010 Service Pack 1 also includes SharePoint 2010 SP1.
Project Server 2010 SP1 includes Project Server 2010 & SharePoint 2010 updates (hot fixes and cumulative updates) that have been released through April 2011.
The June 2011 Project Server Cumulative Update was released the same date as the Project Server 2010 Service Pack 1 update. Microsoft recommends that you install Project Server 2010 SP1 and June 2011 CU at same time. The June 2011 Project Server Cumulative Update contains several fixes and improvements that are not contained in the Project Server 2010 Service Pack 1 update.
You can install the June 2011 CU before or after you install the Service Pack 1 Update.
Document from Microsoft: To see a complete list of all fixes that are included in Microsoft Project Server 2010 Service Pack 1,
Benefits of Project Server 2010 SP1:
The following are four major improvements that were included with the Service Pack 1 updates for Project Server 2010 and Project Professional 2010.
- Additional supported browsers for Project Web App team member pages
- Improvements to project scheduling in Project Web App
- Time-phased support for manually scheduled tasks
Supported browsers on SP1 instance:
- Internet Explorer 9 (32-bit) on Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008
- Internet Explorer 8 (32-bit) on Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008
- Internet Explorer 7 (32-bit) on Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003
- Firefox 3.6.8+ on Mac OS X v10.6, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3, Windows Server 2003 and UNIX/Linux
- Google Chrome 6.0 on Windows 7
- Apple Safari 5 on Mac OS X v10.6
The following sections on PWA will work with all of the browsers listed above:
- Project Web App (PWA) home page (default.aspx)
- All pages in the "My Work" section in the Quick Launch. This includes the following:
Issues and Risks
Deployment (Installation) of Project Server 2010 SP1: