| Step 1 |
| Step 2 |
| Step 3 |
| Step 4 |
| Step 5 |
| Step 6 |
| Step 7 |
| Step 8 |
| Step 9 |
Step 6: Setup a new Project Web Access instance by using the restored databases
In the Project Server 2010, you need to create a Project Web Access instance by using the Project Server 2007 databases you had restored to SQL Server in the previous step. When the PWA instance is created, the restored databases are upgraded to Project Server 2010.
Microsoft recommends that you use a separate SharePoint Server 2010 content database for each PWA site and its associated project workspaces. In order to deploy the PWA site to a specific content database, you have to lock down any existing content databases in the farm. The process does not affect user access; it only affects the distribution of new site collections. Please read the document on Microsoft site for the
steps required to lockdown the existing content databases.
NOTE: The Project Web Access (PWA) site name should exactly match the name of the PWA site (Web Application URL) in the content database just you upgraded in previous step.
Create PWA site in Project Server 2010 using the restored databases:
Project Server will start the PWA site creation process. This may take a while. (It took approx 25 minutes to create the PWA site on my demo 2010 machine.) When the site creation is completed, the status shown on the PWA site list will be Provisioned.
- In the SharePoint Central Administration, under Application Management, click Manage service applications
- On the Manage Service Applications page, select the Project Service Application
- On the Manage Project Web Access Sites page, click Create Project Web Access Site
- On the Create Project Web Access Site page, type the name of the database server where your restored Project Server 2007 databases are located; make sure names of the Project Server databases match the names of the restored databases that will use. If they do not, change them so that they match.
NOTE: The database names must be exact matched with the restored Project Server 2007 databases in SQL Server. If the names do not match, a new Project Server 2010 databases will be created and the restored Project Server database will not be upgraded.
- Click OK to create the PWA site
The URL http://chakserver/Litware can be used to access PWA from Internet Explorer, the Project Professional 2010 client, and custom-code clients (Example: Auto project publish PSI code etc.) to PWA.
NOTE: If your Project Web Access instance does not provision successfully, check the upgrade for error information. Be default, the upgrade log file is located in the following directory” Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\Logs
Proceed to Step 7
Also read PWA 2010 Errors & Troubleshooting for any errors on PWA site creation.