| Step 1 |
| Step 2 |
| Step 3 |
| Step 4 |
| Step 5 |
Step 6 |
| Step 7 |
| Step 8 |
| Step 9 |
Step 6: SharePoint 2010 Configuration
NOTE: Farm with multiple application servers in the farm:
Once the Project Server 2010 software has been installed on each application server in the farm, you must run the SharePoint Configuration Wizard to integrate Project Server with SharePoint Server 2010. You must run this wizard on each application server in the farm before you start using Project Server.
Run the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard on one application server at a time. Do not run it on multiple servers at the same time.
Steps to Run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard:
- Click Start, All Programs, Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products, SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard
- At the Welcome to SharePoint Products and Technologies page, click Next
- A confirmation dialog message appears that displays a list of services that may have to be restarted. Click Yes
- On the Connect to a server farm page. Select the Create a new server farm and click the Next button to continue
- On the Specify Configuration Database Settings page enter your database server name. Keep the default name for the Database name or enter the required database name for create the SharePoint Configure database. Type the Username and Password to access the Database
Note: Enter the domain account you chosen for installation as User Name with domain name.
Example: epmusa\Farm Administrator
- Enter and confirm the Passphrase on Specify Farm Security Settings page; Click Next to continue
- On the Configure SharePoint Central Administration Web Application page, you can accept the randomly generated port number or click the checkbox against Specify port number to enter required port number. Specify the Configuration Security Settings as NTLM; Click the Next button to continue
- Review the configuration settings defined in previous steps will be displayed on Completing the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard.
Click the Next button to continue
- The system displays the Configuring SharePoint Products progress page as below
- The system displays the Configuration Successful page as shown below
- Click the Finish button to close the configuration wizard. The system automatically launches the new SharePoint Central Administration site with Help Make SharePoint Better window
- Select to participate or select not to participate and click OK button to continue
- The system displays the Configure your SharePoint farm page as shown below
- Click on Start the Wizard to configure services (or) Click on Cancel to start this wizard later from SharePoint Central Administration site
Proceed to Step 7 for further configuration process.